Monday, March 23, 2009

Mailbox Joys: Grand Old School

Here we go again with another blaster team break brought to you by Grand Cards. This time, the culprit is 2009 Topps Target Retro. On the surface the cards don't look radically that different from the regular 2009 Topps issue. The only difference would be the use of the retro Topps logo.

Ahh, but that's where you'd be wrong. In an effort to truly go retro, the cards are the same consistency as pre-1992 Topps cards. And yes, it does feel right. It feels similar to the cards I enjoyed purchasing at the drug store, when I was a kid. The only difference would be the use of foil on the front. The foil actually doesn't distract as much as I though it would. I'm still not a fan of foil on retro products, but it kinda works here.

Let's see what the blaster break produced.

2009 Topps Target Retro
70 - Jermaine Dye
149 - Juan Uribe (2)
154 - A.J. Pierzynski
255 - Joe Crede
306 - Javier Vazquez

2009 Topps Toppstown
TTT19 - Carlos Quentin

2009 Topps Turkey Red
TR29 - Carlos Quentin

Overall I'm very pleased with this box break. The Turkey Red is especially welcome! I have four cards that I received in the Wal-Mart Black group break. It's nice to get a good chunk of these variation cards off the checklist.

For those of you wondering, the 2009 checklist should be up shortly. I am currently working on deleting the cards that I have received since January, off the checklist. That three weeks that I was offline has put me further behind than I could have ever imagined.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...