Monday, August 31, 2009

Catching Up

Another reason to follow me on Twitter? You would have known about this awesome contest from Oral Sox. The Out-Bacon Beckham contest was a huge success, even if I didn't win. Even if you're not keen to listening to two hours of White Sox talk and hilarity, this podcast included all the entries for the contest.

The Out-Bacon Beckham contest consisted of listeners suggesting their favorite 80s-ish cheesy song, which would be played after their name was called to bat. Since Beckham chose "Your Love" by The Outfield, it was everybody's task to out cheese him.

I chose "Lovin' Every Minute Of It" by Loverboy. That song is one of my secret shames of the mid eighties. The caveat was that it also had to be a song which you liked and somewhat was appropriate.

The eventual winner? I won't spoil it, but I'll say that there was tough competition and inspirational cheese prevailed.

Today is the debut for Steve Stone's blog. Great idea! I've been following him on Twitter and he has a lot of good gems about the White Sox, the Cubs and baseball in general.

The White Sox death march road trip is currently at 1-6, with the team going into the Metrodome for the very last time for a three game series. I can't wait for Target Field to open up next year. Hopefully, they won't bring the Hefty bags.

1 comment:

GOGOSOX60 said...

I can't believe our "magic" number is now 2010........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...