Sunday, August 16, 2009

Joe Collector Box Break Loot

It's been pretty hit or miss, when I've entered a box break. I've gotten some absolutely fantastic hits, but more often than not, I get stuck with a bunch of cards that I already have.

The only reason that I bought into the 2007 Bowman's Best break was for the chance at the random autos. I already have multiple copies of the Jim Thome card and the Josh Fields rookie card hasn't been beating a path to my door. The only option was the autos.

I received one autographed card and I think it was a pretty decent one.

I was holding off on purchasing a lot of 2009 Allen & Ginter because I was looking forward to this box break. I wasn't disappointed. I actually knocked out a good chunk of the White Sox base cards from the set. I managed to get a few cool oddball base cards, a Chicago American Giants base card and a few nice surprises.

2007 Bowman's Best
8 - David Ortiz (2)
30 - Jim Thome (3)
84 - Michael Bourn auto

2009 Allen & Ginter
33 - Florence Nightingale
42 - Mark Buehrle
97 - Art Pennington (CAG)
167 - Jim Thome
200 - Carlos Quentin
234 - Wyatt Earp
261 - John Danks
265 - Paul Konerko

2009 Allen Ginter National Pride
NP30 - Jose Contreras

2009 Allen & Ginter Mini
167 - Jim Thome

2009 Allen & Ginter Relics
AGR-CQ - Carlos Quentin

I would have been extremely happy with that box break, but it didn't stop there. The next card pulled would put a smile on Albert Belle.

2009 Allen & Ginter Bazooka Back
167 - Jim Thome (07/25)

I'm one happy White Sox fan, thanks to Joe Collector's box break!!

1 comment:

Collective Troll said...

That Bazooka Thome is awesome!!! I love it when the perfect card lands in the hands of someone who really appreciates it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...