Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It Was In The Alamo... In The Basement

A short while ago, I answered a question in a contest held by A Cardboard Problem. It was about, of all things, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. I can't even count the number of times I saw that movie when I was a kid. I've probably seen it a few dozen times as an adult.

I knew that the fortune teller told Pee-Wee that his bike was being held in the Alamo, in the basement. For that bit of knowledge, I won a hobby pack of Upper Deck Documentary. I'm always for free stuff, so I welcomed the pack with open arms.

Well, actually, I welcomed the package on Saturday. Then a miraclulous thing happened. The piles of snow all melted when the temperature escalated and rain came down. I was awoke early Sunday morning to several phone calls from my friend, whose basement had flooded. Since I am the only friend who still lives a mile away, he naturally thought of me.

The pack will naturally be posted on A Pack A Day. When that is up later today, I will post a link to the post. This way you can see if the pack sucked or if the pack rocked. I'm just hoping for some White Sox.

Along with the package, there were a few cards thrown in. Hey, what can I say? I love free cards!! All were from recent releases. Sometimes it's nice knowing someone that works at a card shop. I wish I worked at one!

2008 Topps Updates & Highlights
UH174 - D.J. Carrasco
UH227 - Carlos Quentin AS
UH324 - Ken Griffey Jr.

2008 Topps Updates & Highlights Gold Foil
UH227 - Carlos Quentin AS

2008 UD Timeline
17 - Ken Griffey Jr.

Thanks, Marie! That was a nice little treat thrown in!

I am working on a special project for A Cardboard Problem that should be done this week. This is just extra incentive to get it done right!

Look for the UD Documentary pack opening on A Pack A Day sometime this afternoon or evening.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL, you made me laugh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...