Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Something To Chase For 2009

I hope that this card isn't a "preview" card. One where the images are likely to change before the actual product is released. I like the card and I hope to obtain it in 2009.

Thanks to Wax Heaven for the image. Like Mario, I am not wowed by the design for the 2009 SPx. This card did stand out. Maybe it wouldn't if there wasn't a player in a White Sox uniform. Maybe it would.

The colors almost seem complimentary to each other. The swatches of material seem to balance each other. This may mark the first time that Griffey will have a White Sox relic. I'm a bit surprised that there would be one, but I am grateful for the opportunity.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like things like this of a couple of players, more so if they did the team they came up with and the team they are with now. Like Seattle and Chicago for this one, to me that's a real flashback.

But the card is definitely nice looking if that is how it turns out in the end.

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome card,but keep in mind that sometimes the jersey cut isn't always from the team that is depicted. I don't have my GU cards in front of me,but I know I have a couple where it states on the back the jersey piece came from a former team even thought the card depicts another. ;-)

Steve Gierman said...

I usually expect that. I'm usually just happy with something that could be a White Sox relic, but was actually worn by the player. If the player is depicted in a Sox uniform in the picture, that's usually good enough for me, unless it's blatantly obvious.

Jason T. Carter said...

Steve, if I happen to get two copies of this card, one of them is yours. Although I doubt I will even get one. But IF.

Steve Gierman said...

Deal. Same applies if I get two copies. :-) The second will be headed your way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...