Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Package From Mr. Scott

I normally don't trade for autographs or relics, unless they are part of a base set. I don't mind them, but I will rarely seek them out. In fact, a lot of them are pretty cool. So when Mr. Scott asked if I wanted to trade, I couldn't resist.

At some point, something on the card has touched a Major League ball player. Whether it is an autograph or a game used item, at some point they made contact with whatever is embedded into the card. If I think about it long enough, it leaves me in awe.

The autographs and relics and whatnot left me feeling a bit of awe, but I couldn't help but laugh heartily when I ran across the manufactured patch. It didn't click when I agreed to the trade, but I am now the proud owner of a letter patch autographed by the embarrassment of the 2007 White Sox team, Andy Gonzalez.

I'm actually very happy to own this. I had a special place in my heart for Andy, when he was with the White Sox. I always thought that if I believed in him, he'd get better. One step forward, two steps back. Thus was the White Sox career of Andy Gonzalez. You don't believe me? Check out his stats.

Before the laughter dies down, let's see what cool cards Mr. Scott sent over.

2006 Allen & Ginter Relics
AGR-BM - Brandon McCarthy

2006 Bowman Sterling
BSP-BA - Brandon Allen (auto)

2007 SP Authentic By The Letter Signatures
144 - Andy Gonzalez (19/50)

2007 Topps Trading Places Autographs
TPA-FG - Freddy Garcia

2007 Ultra Dual Materials
DM-FG - Freddy Garcia (42/75)

2009 Sweet Spot
49 - Jermaine Dye
50 - Jim Thome

2009 Topps Unique
49 - Carlos Quentin
99 - Paul Konerko
122 - Mark Buehrle

2009 Topps Updates
UH36 - Konerko & Dye
UH87 - Jake Peavy
UH147 - Jayson Nix
UH182 - Mark Buehrle AS
UH241 - DeWayne Wise
UH319 - Ramon Castro

2009 Upper Deck X
20 - Paul Konerko
22 - Carlos Quentin

Thank you so much, Mr. Scott! The relics and autos brought back a lot of great memories of players that were traded away. The base cards filled some pesky holes in my 2009 want list. Expect a return package soon.

1 comment:

Collective Troll said...

Those are some great cards! I know what you mean about thinking if you believe in a player hard enough they will succeed.... I've had a few of them. It never worked.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...