Thursday, February 11, 2010

Go Slovakia!

Slovakia is the country I will be rooting for in the Winter Olympics. Only because of this contest.

Slovakia, who only has one Winter Olympic medal (silver) for snowboarding in 2006.

This means that they are on the rise!

Yeah, I know... I'm toast.

If it were the Summer Olympics, I'd be a shoe-in for canoeing!

At least I have Marian Hossa on my side.

So I've got that going for me.
But I will not be watching any of the festivities on any NBC owned station because of my loyalty to this man.

Um, to clarify, the one on the right hand side of the picture.

Instead, I'll be watching Disney owned ESPN. Or getting updates online. Or listening to the radio. Or reading it in the newspaper the next day. Or waiting for a friend to tell me. Or figuring it out when I'm not asked for my address because I won a prize package.

I expect not to place in this contest.

Surprise me, Slovakia.

You have that rich history of Czechoslovakian Winter Olympic glory behind you. The normal hill ski jumping gold medal won by Jiří Raška at the 1968 Olympics in Grenoble, France. Or the figure skating gold medal won by Ondrej Nepela at the 1972 Olympics in Sapporo, Hokkaidō, Japan.

Yeah. I'm boned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...