Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Viciedo Finest Redemption

My penance for spending quality time with my fiancee instead of monitoring the computer last week? This news completely escaped me until today, when I read it in the newspaper. This probably also explains the Viciedo card comments on Twitter directed towards me.

I guess I was more focused on the poor play of the team, than card announcements. This, coupled with the fact that Viciedo was sent down last week, makes a great juxtaposition.

Last week, Topps announced the player redeemable for the 2010 Topps Finest Baseball Rookie Redemption #8 is Chicago White Sox Pitcher third baseman Dayan Viciedo.

Throughout the 2010 Major League Baseball season, Topps will announce the subjects for the 10-card Rookie Redemption set. Each Master Box of Topps Finest includes one Rookie Redemption. In addition, collectors can also find redemptions for Blue Refractors (#’d to 199) and Gold Refractors (#’d to 50) versions.

I still haven't been able to afford any of the Beckham redemptions from last year. It will be interesting to see if the Viciedo cards are more affordable, since the hype machine isn't as strong with Dayan as it was with Gordon Beckham.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...