Thursday, March 24, 2011

30 Day Horror Challenge: Day 1

As a good deal of you know, I love movies. All kinds. One of the genres that I appreciate most would be horror. When I heard about this challenge from The Writer's Journey (seriously, he finds the best stuff!), I had to jump on it.

There were a thousand different ways that I could have gone with each entry. Narrowing it down to just one film is a monumental task, but I have picked my thirty movies, and I'm positive that there are ones that will be left off that rank up there with these entries. Some days, those fallen movies may have bested the ones on here, but that's how it always goes.

The challenge sounds like a blast, so here is my first entry.

Day 01 – A horror film that no one would expect you to love, but you do.
Halloween 3: Season Of The Witch (1982)

Yes, I'll admit it. I'm the one person who likes this movie. Years ago, before the powers that be decided to reboot this franchise, I studied all the movies and wrote a treatment linking this entry with the others. It was logical and included all the movies tied together. The treatment is buried somewhere on a floppy disc (I told you it was years ago) and if I ever run across it again, it will only remind me of times before Rob Zombie made the franchise all about child abuse.

Every Halloween, I get the Silver Shamrock theme stuck in my head. It never fails. John Carpenter had a knack with music that sticks in your brain.

I can definitely appreciate what John Carpenter and Debra Hill were trying to do with this movie. Create an anthology series that focused on Halloween with different stories for each entry. Michael Myers proved too popular a character to be brushed aside.

2 comments:

LoCoDe said...

This is going to be a tough one, but it's worth doing.

Anonymous said...

I have not watched this one in so long...I bought a DVD with both Halloween 2 and 3 on it a few years ago, but it's been a while since I've watched either one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...