Friday, March 25, 2011

30 Day Horror Challenge: Day 2

This was a dilemma. I have many movies that I can relate to, but some of my favorites fit other categories later on in the challenge. Usually I can relate to a single character, who seems to make the same decisions I would in the same situation, or someone who views life slightly removed from everyone else, taking in the absurdity of it all.

Day 02 – The horror film that you relate most to
Shaun Of The Dead (2004)

This movie really put a fresh spin on the zombie genre. Some movies would attempt to throw inside jokes into the film. Some movies would try to be a comedy, but fail miserably. This is the first zombie film that I can recall that got the mix just right for a comedy that features horror.

I could identify with Shaun as he goes about his routine oblivious to his surroundings, which I have been known to do if I am focused on a task. When he finally realizes what is actually going on, he is thrust into a world of the undead. Facing tough decisions, he tries to bring his world into a safe haven, which brings more complications. I'd like to think that when all seems lost, I would step up and take charge, but I hope it won't be this exact situation. Until that time, I can enjoy this wickedly good film.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the minority, but I wasn't a huge fan of Shaun of the Dead. I loved Hot Fuzz, but just couldn't get into Shaun.

LoCoDe said...

A fine choice.

There are so many inside jokes in this movie that you just won't get unless you know a lot about the actors and their prior roles. In that way it's great for repeated viewing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...