Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Trade With Cardboard Diamond Heroes

I've traded with Ron from Cardboard Diamond Heroes before. He always sends over some amazing cards and this time was no exception.

I'm usually in awe of mid to late nineties cards, mostly because I wasn't around to collect them. It seems that I'm always discovering something new. Even some items on my want list are foreign to me. Sure, I could recognize the names of most cards. I could even identify some by sight, but you can't truly know a card until it is in your hand. This is how I approach most cards between 1994 and 2006.

Luckily for me, the majority of the cards sent over were from this time frame and they all were fascinating.

I'm not going to list each card individually. That would involve a long lengthy list, which I'm not at liberty to divulge that much time to at the moment. Don't read anything into that. I love the cards that Ron sent over, but it's quite a stack, and I feel like I may lose feeling in my fingers if I attempt to write it out.

Instead, I will go over the highlights, which are numerous.

First off, there were Fleer stickers from 1984 and 1985. Not the logo stickers that came in each pack, the tiny stickers that you put in the albums. There were a few cards from the 1984 set, including a Baines and a Fisk. Ron topped that by completing my 1985 sticker team set. I can now finally complete the pitching sequence of Tom Seaver!

Speaking of Seaver, there were a couple of mid-eighties oddball goodness of him; an '85 Fleer Limited Edition and an '86 Quaker Oats. Then there were a few Frank Thomas playing cards, which are always a treat. Early nineties cards of Bowman, Classic, Duracell, Hostess and Ultra ruled the next part of the package.

A few '95 Emotion cards followed. A whole mess of Sportflix, a couple Summit Nth Degree, and Zenith cards came after that. Then, Stadium Club, EX2000 and Pinnacle cards showed up. Some Pacific, Score, EX2001, Finest, Skybox and Studio cards popped up. Even an MLB Showdown card and some assorted Topps Gallery cards joined in on the fun.

Thanks, Ron! The assortment of cards was exciting to leaf through. I will be working on a return package for you this weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...