Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cards From Buccos

Recently, I was asked to do some freelance work involving custom cards. After Jay of Buccos.com fame, saw my Cards That Never Were creation of Coot Veal's non-existent 1962 Topps card, he asked if I could create a few Pirates cards for him. The first project was a 1973 Topps Pirates card of Jerry McNertney, who hung out for a few years in my original blog banner.

Today, my payment came in the mail. A bubble mailer full of White Sox cards. Most were from between 2000 and 2003, but the crown jewels of the package were Fritsch One Year Wonder Series one cards. Both Ross Grimsley and Hal Trosky were there, so another pesky TCMA series has been completed.

Thank you, Jay! It was a joy to work on your Pirates cards. It was a lot of hard work, but it was also a lot of fun. The cards are just icing on the cake.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...