Monday, January 28, 2008

Gone To The Dark Side

Well, I made my first post for A Pack A Day. I've decided to keep playing Sox Or No Sox over there. I have officially gone to the Dark Side, according to Mario. Although there will be no Tales From The Darkside, I'll continue with Sox Or No Sox on both sites. I just think of A Pack A Day as going national. I haven't gone over anyone's helmet.

Now, you may be thinking that the lack of posts has something to do with my joining the roster over there. Far from it. The last two days have been a logistical nightmare. First of all, I'm helping out my friend, Steve, with his bowling team. His entire team quit on him, so he asked nicely (begged) for me to help him. So, I've taken my 111 average (as of last night), which seems to climb every week, over to help him. This has been going on for about two months.

Since the Super Bowl is next Sunday, no one wants to bowl that Sunday night. I could care less, since football is not my main interest. Besides, it would be on at the bowling alley anyway. So, it's not like anyone would be missing anything. In addition to 1 practice game and 3 regular games, most of us bowled 3 additional games last night, instead of bowling it during the week. You'd think my body would be tired and achy after 7 games, but surprisingly, it's fine. It's my sinuses that have been bothering me.

I love Chicago weather this time of year. Up, down and all around. Today was freezing rain and high winds with a fluctuating temperature. Needless to say, I've been battling a headache all day.

On the White Sox front, I was pleased to see David Aardsma land on the Red Sox for minor league right-handed pitchers Willy Mota and Miguel Socolovich. Funny, I always thought that Aardsma would fit in on the Pirates. Then again, maybe that's just Ed Farmer.

2 comments:

dayf said...

Don't lie, you've been playing with your dolls again :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's being swamped right now. I still haven't done my Fan Fest post or even my *Christmas present* post yet!

Steve Gierman said...

Did you see anything?! Good!

Ummm... he did it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...