Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's A Sign

Maybe it's a bad sign to be a card featured in a post on this site. I featured David Aardsma in a post this morning and today he was designated for assignment by the White Sox. Is this a bad omen? Just a coincidence? I will be monitoring this situation closely to see if something like this happens again.

Look at David. He has no idea what was going to happen to him today. He's just smiling away on the back of his lone White Sox card. Unaware of any bad thing that might happen to him. It's really a shame. There should be more than just one card of him in a White Sox uniform. I'm happy there is one at all. Thanks Upper Deck for bringing me closer to the game with a middle reliever that needed some card love on a new team.

I felt bad about posting the same card twice in one day, so I posted the back. You can barely make out his stats on the Giants and the Cubs. It must be because he's an ex-Cub. Although, I suppose that it had something to do with throwing money at Octavio Dotel today. That's probably the more likely reason.

Well, David, it was fun while it lasted. You'll catch on with another team. I'm sure of it. Maybe Kansas City or Washington. Wherever it is, I'm sure it will be nice. At least now I don't have to listen to Ed Farmer try to speak like a children's party pirate whenever Arrrrrrrrrrrdsma gets the call from the pen. David, hurry. Go now, before Farmio feels the need to say your name again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...