Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving mere hours away, it occurs to me that Tom Turkey is not some obscure White Sox player. Thanksgiving really isn't about turkey. There have been many Thanksgivings that I've had lasagna instead. This is a holiday where you count the good things in your life. A day to take stock of yourself, not just stuff yourself.

All this leads me to the question that keeps popping up in my mind. What am I thankful for? The following list is in no particular order of importance, just the random order that they popped into my head.

  • my fiancee
  • my family
  • my health
  • 2008 White Sox baseball
  • 2005 White Sox World Championship
  • my friends
  • Pearl Jam still being together
  • baseball card releases all throughout the year
  • my garage band
  • my DVD collection
  • my music collection
  • my cat
  • laughter
  • living just outside of Chicago
  • all the little things that go unnoticed
  • the warm reception I've gotten from this blog from other bloggers

To all the people mentioned here and all the little things left unmentioned, thank you. To all the people reading this, thanks for spending a little bit of your time here and Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...