Friday, July 18, 2008

Card Spotlight: 7-18-08

2007 UD Triple Play Performers #TP-JT - Jim Thome

I received this card in a big stack of cards today in the mail. I'll get to showcasing that next week, since I will be extremely busy this weekend. Saturday, I have a kid's birthday party to attend. Just so you don't think I show up to childrens' birthday parties for kicks, it's Tracey's Maid of Honor's son who is having the party in his honor.

Sunday, I'll be watching Harold Baines get his statue at U.S. Cellular Field before the game against the Royals. Monday, I'm going to visit a friend about 5 hours away. So, I'll be away from the computer a lot.

This card struck me as odd when I first saw it today. I have no idea where it came from. Beckett doesn't even list it.

On the back, there is some kind of scratch-off contest, with pictures of a Sony PS3 and an XBox 360 on the back.

"Enter the Triple Play Bonus Code on this card and win amazing prizes, including Upper Deck Kids Rewards Bonus Points, a Sony PSP, XBox 360 or a Sony PS3, to name a few! Every card is a winner!"

Why do I get the feeling that the bonus points are the most frequent prize? Hmm, just a hunch. Still, this card completely slipped my radar. I really like it! It's just the type of oddball card that puts a smile on my face.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...