Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Trading With Eric

People continue to surprise me. Everyone is so nice, that I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Call my cynical or whatever, but the law of averages seems to be tipping in my favor trade-wise. Mind you, I'm not complaining one bit! I rather like it.

This latest trade comes from Eric, who was brought here by Tulo Trader. Eric included some real gems in his package. I was especially impressed by the number of 2008 cards that have been escaping me as of late. In fact, the oldest card is only from 2003. Am I disappointed? Hardly! I've got holes in all years of my collection. Some of the hardest cards to get are from the past ten to fifteen years. I'm not sure if this was because I was away from the hobby for the majority of this time or these cards have just disappeared of the face of the Earth. Either way, I love any cards that come my way and this is no exception.

Let's see what Eric sent over.

2003 Upper Deck
52 - Ryan Sweeney

2006 Upper Deck Diamond Debut
DD-5 - Pedro Lopez

2006 Upper Deck First Pitch Diamond Stars
DS-9 - Mark Buehrle

2007 Topps
121 - Alex Cintron
165 - Mark Buehrle

2007 Upper Deck First Edition
8 - Josh Fields
10 - Jerry Owens (2)
67 - Jermaine Dye

2007 Upper Deck First Edition Pennant Chasers
PC-PK - Paul Konerko

2008 Bowman Chrom Prospects
BCP83 - Sal Sanchez
BCP97 - Matt Inouye

2008 Bowman Gold
82 - Mark Buehrle

2008 Spectrum
21 - Paul Konerko
67 - Nick Swisher

2008 Spectrum Retrospectrum Swatches
RS-AR2 - Aaron Rowand

2008 Topps
284 - Lance Broadway
565 - A.J. Pierzynski

2008 Topps Game-Worn Relics
TR-OG - Ozzie Guillen (with stripe!)

2008 Upper Deck
281 - Mark Buehrle
284 - Matt Thornton
285 - Ryan Bukvich
290 - Jermaine Dye
779 - Nick Swisher (CL)

2008 Upper Deck Starquest
SQ-26 - Jim Thome (Common)
SQ-26 - Jim Thome (Rare)

2008 Upper Deck First Edition
234 - Mark Buehrle
235 - Jon Garland
236 - Jose Contreras
237 - Matt Thornton
240 - Jerry Owens (2)
241 - Jermaine Dye
258 - Lance Broadway
275 - Donny Lucy (2)

2008 Upper Deck First Edition Starquest
SQ-26 - Jim Thome (Common)

Those were a great selection of cards! The Ozzie jersey was very unexpected to see. The Rowand swatch just goes to show that you can take the player out of the Sox, but you can't take the Sox out of the player. One of my favorites is actually the Upper Deck First Edition Starquest card of Jim Thome. Oh, did I mention that green was my favorite color? No. Well, that would be close enough to my favorite shade of green to qualify as one of the awesomest cards in my collection.

But wait... there's more! In addition to feeding my White Sox addiction, Eric also fed my stupid decision to try to complete the 2008 Topps Heritage set. The first set that I actively tried to complete since around 1991.

2008 Topps Heritage
28 - Ivan Rodriguez
49 - Bill Hall
75 - Cole Hamels
121 - Dave Davidson
134 - Donny Lucy
145 - Eugeno Velez
148 - Hunter Pence
168 - Rafael Furcal
192 - Akinori Iwamura
302 - Wily Mo Pena
342 - Matt Chico
462 - Kyle Kendrick

2008 Topps Heritage Black Back
49 - Bill Hall
126 - Dan Giese
267 - Xavier Nady

2008 Topps Heritage News Flashbacks
9 - In Cold Blood Murders Committed

There's nothing like the feeling of finishing an envelope full of cards with a serial killing. Kind of gruesome. But I need it for the set, so a little blood must be shed in order to preserve the integrity of the set. OK, maybe that's a little creepy to include in a card set, but I guess it was news from 1959.

Eric, don't worry. I am waiting on a few cards that I acquired specifically for you. Once I get those cards in my hands, I will send your package out. I think you'll be happy with the package coming to you. Thank you for all the cool White Sox cards and for getting my Heritage set closer to completion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...