Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Your 2008 White Sox All-Stars















Will Crede and Quentin even get a chance to play tonight? I hope so, but I'm not going to hold my breath. The White Sox seem to get the shaft in All-Star games, unless the White Sox manager is the one managing the game.

If they get in, I can see Quentin being put into the game in a tight situation at the plate. He does have stellar defense as well, so I could also see him as a late inning defensive replacement. Crede, on the other hand, will most likely be a late inning defensive replacement. If the legend of "Late Inning Joe" has reached Boston, then maybe in the eighth or ninth inning at the plate.

I won't even get into Jermaine Dye not getting voted in. I'm OK with Evan Longoria getting in. Jermaine could probably use the rest. I just hope that it doesn't end up cooling him off. He was red hot going into the break.

My biggest WTF moment came when not a single White Sox pitcher was named to the All-Star team. Huh? I could see Jenks not going because of his little trip to the DL. What about Danks or Floyd? Up until his last start, Floyd had been outstanding. Danks has been more than amazing this year. They have both erased many of the doubts of seasons past.

Linebrink or Dotel couldn't edge their way in there? I don't know. Something fishy is going on with that one. Every team has to be represented, so that does eat into some of the better suited selections going. Riddle me this though. How does A.J. Pierzynski not make it, but Jason Varitek makes the cut? Jason is hitting near the Mendoza line and A.J. is hitting near .300. A.J. is also one of the best catchers to call a game. I smell nepotism.

I suppose it's a blessing in disguise. The team probably can use the four days off more than the exposure of a New York All-Star game. Let's hope that Carlos Quentin and Joe Crede can get in the game and make something happen.

1 comment:

Bart McClaughry said...

I voted for Jermaine Dye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...