Tuesday, September 2, 2008

88 Topps Contest Winnings

Technically, this package came Friday. My weekend was so swamped that I even missed a day in posting the White Sox Photoshop Cards. Um, let's call it a holiday reprieve. Or a break from the Pythonesque tone this blog has taken in the last few days. Sorry, I popped in my Monty Python DVDs over the weekend to wind down. Now, everybody will suffer from that slight indiscretion.

After I confirmed that I had won, I posted this. What was in the package, surprised even me. I got everything from this post, except the paperback book, which was won by dayf.

- Cards 551-650 of the 1988 Topps set.
- The 1988 Topps style George Bell Fan Favorites card.
- A pack of 1984 Topps
- A pack of 1988 Sportflics
- The contents of a rack pack of 1987 Donruss
- The contents of a rack pack of 1990 Fleer

All of the previous packs were opened on A Pack A Day.

There were two bonus packs included in the mighty haul of childhood era wax. A pack of 2007 Topps Opening Day and a pack of 2008 Upper Deck Series 2. Plus there were a smattering of random White Sox cards.

The pack of 2007 Topps Opening Day.

106 - Brian McCann - Braves
23 - C.C. Sabathia - Indians
166 - Jerry Owens - White Sox
51 - Jered Weaver - Angels
125 - Jeff Francoeur - Braves
OD Puzzle 2 - Adam Dunn - Reds

Not too bad. I even got a White Sox card in there!

The pack of 2008 Upper Deck Series 2

492 - Justin Verlander - Tigers
422 - Nick Markakis - Orioles
659 - Chris Duncan - Cardinals
YSL5191 - Don Mattingly (Indians 10 - Yankees 5)
611 - So Taguchi - Cardinals
639 - Daniel Ortmeier - Giants
782 - Brian Roberts SH - Orioles
775 - Troy Tulowitzki CL - Rockies

Not too shabby either!

The smattering of White Sox cards.

2008 Topps
86 - Scott Podsednik
284 - Lance Broadway
296 - Paul Konerko
420 - Nick Swisher
508 - John Danks

2008 Upper Deck
286 - Juan Uribe

2008 Goudey
43 - Jermaine Dye

2008 Spectrum
22 - Jermaine Dye

2008 Topps Heritage Black Back
94 - White Sox Team

2008 A Piece Of History
108 - Lance Broadway

2008 Topps Chrome Refractor
64 - Mark Buehrle

That was quite a package! There were some nice surprises in there. With the 1984 Alfredo Griffin card, I am one year closer to reclaiming the card that started it all for me, the 1983 Topps Alfredo Griffin.

Like I've mentioned before, Andy puts on some of the most imaginative contests. Even if I wouldn't have won with my team of Daves, I had fun looking for the best team featuring one name. Thanks, Andy! Awesome contest! Awesome prize package!

3 comments:

Andy said...

Well that's ironic. Don Mattingly cards are the only ones I'm interested in and I unknowingly sent you one! :)
Tomorrow, or whenever I get to it, I will actually be posting a massive trade request just to GET Mattingly cards back, heh.
Anyway, glad you enjoyed it, Steve. A nicer guy couldn't have won the contest.

Steve Gierman said...

It's yours. The ones against the White Sox are the only ones that I'm interested in.

Andy said...

Thanks but hold onto it for now--lemme get my big trade post up. I may have a gem or two CWS card I can pull out as trade.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...