Sunday, September 14, 2008

This Weekend


What a weekend!

First of all, congratulations to Carlos Zambrano for his no-hitter on Sunday night. I couldn't escape it, even watching the White Sox on ESPN. He's a great pitcher and rightfully deserves one.

Second of all, the same can be said for the White Sox themselves. They were rained out on Friday. Their doubleheader was rained out on Saturday. Then they swept a doubleheader on Sunday with virtually no break in between. Although, they blew a seven run lead, capped by a grand slam, only to be saved by a DeWayne Wise grand slam later in the game.

What have I been doing most of the weekend? Mopping water at a friends house and getting very little sleep. That's bound to happen with nonstop rain spanning three days. Oh well. The worst is over and I can finally get a decent night's sleep. I hope.

With all the mopping and catnapping, I've missed two opportunities to see The Big Lebowski on cable. My only hope is that The Big Lebowski kills me before the Germans can cut my... um, nevermind.

I know I'll catch it on cable at some point, from the beginning. Mostly because the Dude abides.

"Yes! That's your answer. That's your answer for everything! Tattoo it on your forehead!"

I don't think I'll have to go that far, but that makes me feel very secure, it makes me feel very warm inside.

1 comment:

Cassie Designs said...

My husband died awhile back and left me a huge box of baseball cards, can you tell me where I can find out how much they are worth and how to sell them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...