Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mailbox Joys: An Egbert Auto

2008 Donruss Threads #112 Jack Egbert (auto) 049/999

This was certainly a surprise when I saw it on eBay. Jack may get a chance to crack the rotation this year or the next. From what I've heard, his stock has gone down slightly within the organization. I also hear that the Sox are still high on Egbert to deliver soon to the parent club.

I hope that turns out to be true. Jack has been on my radar for a few years. I'm hoping that this Sox prospect turns out to be as good as the draft picks from the late eighties were for the team.

Jack has a natural sink/run to his pitches. He tends to get a lot of ground balls, which bodes well for the future of his White Sox career.

I picked up this card from eBay for under $2.00. I'm hoping that this will become the steal of a lifetime, but even if that scenario doesn't pan out, I'm very happy with my low cost purchase.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...