Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Random Card #39

I finally have my pile of cards to catalogue down to a more manageable size. I am almost done building the new computer. Boy how things have changed since the last time I built one back on the morning of September 11, 2001. Connections are very different than back then. Everything is in place. I just need to study the connections more before I plug it in and flip the switch. I don't want an expensive paperweight on my hands.

I thought I'd highlight a card that I received in a recent trade. A third year (card-wise) Earl Battey card. I always found that name to be hilarious. Especially when Earl has a bat in his hand. OK, it's not knee slapping, heart stopping, milk come out of your nose funny, but it's still funny. It's just more subtle. Alright... more juvenile.

Earl has a place of honor among my other 1959 Topps cards. I'm hoping that I will be able to complete this set pretty soon. I may actually complete this team set faster than the 2008 Topps Heritage set, which is coming more and more difficult lately. I'm not quite close enough to purchase the last few cards, but I'm to the point where I'm not pulling the cards I need anymore. What a predicament!

Still, I see hope in this card. I will finish the 1959 White Sox team set. I will eventually finish the 2008 Topps Heritage set. It's only a matter of time. If Earl has taught me one thing from his 1959 Topps card, it's that we can all overcome obstacles if we focus and believe we can. With my cataloging almost complete, I will retain focus. Now, I must believe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...