Sunday, November 16, 2008

Unexpected Gifting

Dave, over at Fielder's Choice, is a class act. Both of our teams made it into the playoffs. During the first round, our teams faced each other. So, we did what came naturally. We made a friendly wager.

Unfortunately, for me, the White Sox lost that epic matchup. Fortunately, for Dave, the Rays won. I swallowed my pride and sent along a care package to the victor.

Apparently, Dave was so impressed by my prize package that he thought it best to put together a consolidation prize. Maybe he felt sorry that the White Sox didn't advance or remorseful that the Rays didn't win it all or maybe he was in a generous mood since the Rays went all the way to the World Series for the first time in franchise history. Whatever the case, I found an e-mail in my inbox that told me that if I receive a strange package from Ohio, that it would be an eBay purchase that was being sent to my address.

2008 Allen & Ginter Relics
AGR-AJP - A.J. Pierzynski
AGR-JT - Jim Thome
AGR-JTD - Jermaine Dye

Wow! What a haul! Thanks, Dave!

These were completely unexpected. These cards are so awesome! I am in shock of the generosity of Dave. If this was the consolation prize, I couldn't even imagine what would come my way if the White Sox would have advanced to the next round.

Thanks again, Dave! You are truly a class act.

2 comments:

Dinged Corners said...

A&G has the classiest relic cards on the planet.

Dave said...

You're welcome Steve! Here's hoping that our teams will meet again in the 2009 playoffs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...