Thursday, March 6, 2008

Heritage Contest #1

Tonight's question.

The first one to get the question right in the comments section, get their choice of prize. I'll check back periodically to proclaim the champion. The question will be open until a winner is declared. Only one household can only win a single contest, to keep it fair for everybody. Once you've won, you're done. The best thing about winning early, is you get an early pick of prizes.

Q. Which television show or movie had John Candy visiting the original Comiskey Park in its final year?

The prizes!

Each winner gets to choose one from the following prizes. Each night's prizes will be updated to reflect what has been won.
  • 2008 Topps Heritage Chrome #C29 - Billy Wagner (Mets)
  • 2008 Topps Heritage Chrome #C64 - Russell Martin (Dodgers)
  • 2008 Topps Heritage Chrome #C68 - John Lackey (Angels)
  • 2008 Topps Heritage Chrome #C93 - Clay Bucholz (Red Sox)
  • 2008 Topps Heritage Clubhouse Collection Bat Relic #CCTH - Todd Helton (Rockies)
  • 1959 Buy Back Card #203 - Ossie Virgil (Tigers)
  • 2008 Topps Heritage Advertising Panel - Manny Ramirez (Red Sox)/Randy Johnson (Diamondbacks)/Brett Myers (Phillies)

Good luck!

Jason from the Writer's Journey has won the first contest! He chose the 1959 buyback card! This makes Jason ineligible for the other six prizes, which means a better chance for the rest of you! Sometime on Friday, I'll post the second question. So, keep checking back.

6 comments:

Jason T. Carter said...

"Only the Lonely"

Steve Gierman said...

Bubba, e-mail me your info and your prize pick.

Jason T. Carter said...

I sent you an e-mail, I have a question before I pick my prize. I'm just not familiar with the new cards much. Thanks!

Bay Rat North West said...

Didn't he go to Wrigley in Uncle Buck?

Steve Gierman said...

It's possible. I haven't seen Uncle Buck in years! I think he lived next to Wrigley Field in that one.

I know he "loved the Wrigey Field bit" in the Blues Brothers. :)

Jason T. Carter said...

I'm fortunate enough to have gone to the old Comiskey in 1989; the Sox were playing the A's. Our seats were right behind home plate, and I walked around the stadium a few times. The bullpens in the stadium were really close to the stands, and there was no one hanging around so I watched Eck warm up for a few minutes late in the game before going back to my seat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...