Thursday, March 20, 2008

St. Patty's Day Contest Winnings

There was a St. Patrick's Day contest over at Cardboard Junkie. There were 20 cards that had to be identified to win a prize. I looked the cards over and determined it was too easy, so I figured I'd let someone else win. But when no one got all 20 by the next day, I decided to end the contest.

There were some tricky ones in there. The card that kept tripping everyone up was the 1922 E120 American Caramel. This was very familiar to me, as I did a blog on a set of caramel cards from the same time period. The green tint was the key to identifying the card. All the caramel cards from the twenties have a similar design.

The winnings came in the mail today. I was expecting the Fisk since dayf teased it on a later post. He e-mailed me to expect a bonus with the Fisk card. The green Fisk was good enough. I didn't have it, so I was very happy. Anything else would be gravy.

Here's what I won.

1992 Fleer Team Leaders #4 - Carlton Fisk
1990 Upper Deck #503 - Ivan Calderon
2003 Bowman Heritage #212 - Arnie Munoz
2006 SP Authentic #20 - Jose Calderon
2008 Topps Moments & Milestones #3 - Frank Thomas (HR 384) 100/150
2008 Upper Deck #289 - Jerry Owens

I love the bonus cards! I know I've said this before, but dayf always throws in the coolest stuff. Thank you for the cool contest winnings! They are all very appreciated.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...