Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Harold Baines Day?

I ran across this posting today about St. Harold Baines Day. I thought it was fun and wanted to share with the rest of the class.

It's funny and informative at the same time. The author suspects Harold to be part ninja. It may surprise you to know that Harold went 1 for 4 with 2 RBIs on the day he was born.

Could Harold be the only man to collect more hits than words spoken in his career? I know it was part of the joke, but it might actually be true. Harold did an interview on a White Sox Spring Training broadcast this year. It was the most I've ever heard him speak. I had actually forgotten what his voice sounded like.

This is truly a man of few words. He let his bat do the speaking for him in his career. Now that he's a coach, I'm sure he must have to speak slightly more often than when he was a player. A mute coach isn't really effective.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...