Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sox Pride

What is a White Sox fan to do to get ready for the season? You can do all the usual prep work and still not feel ready. Sure, you've familiarized yourself with the new players and made your peace with the ones who have left.

You've listened to the handful of radio broadcasts and watched the couple of Spring Training games on television. You read the newspaper everyday and keep up with the blogs too. But you're still feel that there's something missing.

Sox Pride.

This is a must watch during every Spring Training. The DVD takes you from the 2004/2005 off-season until the victory parade at the end of the 2005 season. If you aren't geared up for the seaon after watching this, then there is no hope for you.

This shows what it took to make a World Championship team. It takes you through the good times, the struggles, and the pure luck that ran through the entire season. In fact, the White Sox team should watch this before the season starts to get them fired up. It's that good.

You can find it on eBay for a couple of bucks. For a capper to the viewing, try the 2005 World Series DVD. The single DVD edition runs by the highlights. It has a more in depth look behind the scenes during the World Series. After viewing both of these back to back, you will be ready for the season.

2 comments:

--David said...

In July 2005, my family took our vacation to Chi Town and took in a White Sox game. My daughter was 3. She still talks about that game, and it was the first game ever for my son, who was 10. The Sox won, and then went on to win the World Series. It was awesome. Of course, I wore my Indians shirt, but the fans were nice to me anyway! :-)

Steve Gierman said...

That's a great memory for your family! White Sox fans are generally some of the nicest and most respectful fans in baseball. The only time you have to worry about going to US Cellular Field is when the Cubs are playing there. The rivalry gets pretty heated sometimes for those crosstown games.

As for me, when I see a shirt or a hat for another team, I always smile. I remember when I went to Detroit to see a game. Wearing my White Sox hat, I got a few smiles. That made me feel at ease in an unfamiliar place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...