Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mailbox Joys: A Legendary Baines

2005 SP Legendary Cuts - Legendary Lineage #LE-HB - Harold Baines

Despite a run of bad luck this winter (I can never remember being under the weather so much in one season), I seem to be getting luckier in my eBay game-used Harold Baines finds. This one comes from the same seller my previous two uniform swatches came from. All for the insanely low price of 99 cents, plus shipping.

Granted, this one does not have an awesome rocking stripe that instantly identifies it as being a White Sox uniform, but it does have an awesome smiling picture of Harold. In addition, the card just looks nice. The layout is eye-pleasing. The background doesn't pop out at you, the subject does. That's the way a card should look.

The back of the card assures me that this piece of uniform was from a White Sox game. If I can't trust the facsimile signature of Richard P. McWilliam, then frankly, who can I trust? I've never been disappointed in any Harold Baines card. I don't see that changing any time soon. Although, one card would put all of my others to shame, if a company ever decides to make it. A Harold Baines Cleveland Indians game-used card. I'm not even sure if Harold has an Indians card out there. I haven't been able to find it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...