Wednesday, February 13, 2008

#58 - Matt Ginter

I haven't forgotten about the uniform numbers. I'm triple checking my initial research into the higher numbers. I have made last minute changes on a few numbers recently, because I had overlooked a player that was overwhelmingly more deserving. While most of my initial picks still stand, there have been one or two that needed to be changed. This was not one of them.

Number 58 is not a number worn by a great deal of players on the White Sox. Matt Ginter stands out above all that I have found. He was on the White Sox from 2000 until 2003. In that time, he had a 3-0 record with one save.

Interestingly enough, his ERA is the same in 2000 and 2003 at 13.50. Yes, that's a 13.50 ERA in two different years. Matt played in 7 games in 2000 and 3 games in 2003 to accomplish that feat.

The rest of his White Sox tenure hovered below and above a 5.00 ERA. One season above, one season below. There was high hope for Matt, but he never materialized the success to go with the hope. He is currently looking to latch onto the Indians parent team in 2008.

1 comment:

--David said...

Too bad his parent weren't smart enough to name him Allen... :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...