Friday, February 15, 2008

Mailbox Joys: A Smile For Me

2005 SP Legendary Cuts - Glory Days - Jersey #GD-HB - Harold Baines

I found a seller on eBay who has had two different Harold Baines game used jersey cards within a week. Both had stripes and both were won for $0.99. I feel pretty lucky!

The eBay seller had low shipping as well! The only caveat is that combined shipping is only over a 24 hour period. No exceptions. With cards like these starting at under a dollar, I don't mind paying the low shipping cost.

I am always amazed when I find a new Harold Baines card. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who has followed his career from shortly after the beginning to the end. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who collects him. Other times, I'm outbid by a huge amount. I wonder if it's someone who is a Harold fan or someone trying to complete a collection of whatever card it may be.

My small collection of game used Harolds and Carltons is slowly growing. I feel like a little kid each time I get one in the mail. I'm pretty certain that's a good feeling.

2 comments:

hartmanj said...

Great looking card. I am finally venturing into the world of ebay and jersey and bat cards. I think I still like looking for the player lots better. More cards for the buck. When your collections are as small as mine and my boys, those lots are more fun to go through.

Steve Gierman said...

That's definitely the way to go when your collection is smaller. It's cheaper for me to get it card by card sometimes. Many of the lots that I'm interested in feature up to 95% of the cards in the lot as ones that I have. I still look though because you never know.

I started off my latest wave of collecting by purchasing card lots on eBay of Frank Thomas and Magglio Ordonez. I did not have any of the cards, so it was a great start. Now that I have some of those team sets completed, it's sometimes a more expensive option.

That's where trading comes in. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...