Saturday, February 23, 2008

Humpty Dumpty By Request

"Look at this sorry miserable squashed thing. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this picture.", Michael Douglas - Falling Down

I posted a trade yesterday in which one of the card was this 1993 Humpty Dumpty Robin Ventura. I received a request to show the card. Well, here it is. Blink and you'll miss it. This thing is tiny. As you can see, it is still in the wrapper. I think that if it wasn't, the card would get lost under a speck of dust.

There's not much of a design to the card. There's only room for a full bleed photo and a logo. The name even has to be on the back. It may be on the front, but the type is so small, it cannot be seen with the naked eye.

So, here is the card in all it's glory, still inside the wrapper.

President Hirohito: We are very simple people. With very small trading card. Mr. Ose trading card is …especially small.

Mr. Ose: [fakes a sob] Uh, smuh, so small.

President Hirohito: We cannot achieve much with so small trading card. But you! Americans. Wow! Trading card so big! SOOO big trading card!

The best I can tell is that Humpty Dumpty is a Canadian potato chip company specializing in strange flavors. The trading card is nice, but so small.

2 comments:

Bay Rat North West said...

Thanks. I was wondering what it looked like. Have you gotten the cards I sent yet? The 2002 Gold Label set and others.

Steve Gierman said...

Yes, I got them in today's mail actually. I will post them probably Sunday night.

Thank you for the cards. They're just what I needed to brighten my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...