Friday, February 8, 2008

Mailbox Joys: A Striped Harold

2004 Donruss Throwback Threads Century Collection #CC-31 - Harold Baines 124/250

When it rains it pours! I've been finding great deals on Harold Baines memorabilia and autograph cards lately. This was an unbelievable find for $0.99 plus shipping. There is no mistaking this swatch for being on any other team than the White Sox.

My luck hasn't been all good. I've lost out on a lot of cards like these in the past few weeks. Usually, I'm outbid in the last 4 seconds. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. But I'm glad to get what I can. I can't sit and lament about cards lost. I should be basking in the glow of a new card. Boy am I ever!

If I'm not mistaken, this will be my first Baines jersey card with a stripe. This came in the mail today along with the ontest winnings from Andy over at 88 Topps. They were both cool in their own ways. This kept my happy buzz going on all day, even after the news that my Canadian relatives flight had been delayed until tomorrow. I will have less time to show off my O-Pee-Chee cards, but more time to appreciate my newest uniform card!

2 comments:

csd said...

I liked your article on the Baines card. Thursday I was in Lafayette visiting my brother when I stopped in a card shop largely because of this site. It has been years since I have been in a card shop. I found a '06 Fisk Epic Materials jersey card for $5. The jersey looks much the same as yours, and I now have another Fisk card for the collection. Thanks for the renewed interest in cards, and I linked your site so that maybe some others can do the same.

Steve Gierman said...

Thank you. That's a great Fisk find and a decent price! I'm glad I can inspire other people to collect White Sox cards. Thanks for the link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...