Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mailbox Joys: A Laminated Fisk

I've been scratching my head over this card for almost a week. I'm not sure what to make of it. I usually don't cross-post, but in this case I'll make an exception.

For my initial thoughts on this card check out the post at Things Done To Cards. I'll just add that this is one of the most original and unique Fisk cards that I have run across. It feels like an old school credit card. Very thick and very laminated.

I saw it on eBay and knew it had to be mine. This came in the same package as the 1964 Topps Giant from a few days ago. That seller had a bunch of oddball cards, so I scooped them up.

Suffice to say, this will be a highlight in my collection for years to come. I will amaze people that are out of the loop with this thick, laminated baseball card. They will wonder where it came from and I will say, "From a credit card equipment company". Then, they will slowly back away, turn around and run.

2 comments:

csd said...

That is a crazy card that I have never seen before. I have been running into a lot of that lately. Great find.

Bart McClaughry said...

"WOW" A Fisk card to boot!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...