Saturday, February 2, 2008

Mailbox Joys: A Batty Carmine

2005 Diamond Kings HOF Heroes Bat Card #HH-53 - Carlton Fisk 37/50

While this technically isn't a White Sox card, it is a bat card of one of my favorite players. Carlton isn't shown in a White Sox uniform, but it is a Fisk card with a game used bat incased inside the card. I wonder if the bat in question is from a Red Sox game or a White Sox game. It really doesn't matter to me. Either way, it's a piece of the past attached to Fisk.

This is another eBay find. It had a Buy It Now listed at $6.99, so I snatched it up. I've seen similar cards go for over $10. This would be my first bat card of Carlton's. Maybe I'll eventually get a bat card depicting him on the White Sox. Hopefully, someday I will.

Until then, I'm more than satisfied with this piece of Red Sox memorabilia. I don't mind collecting cards from other teams as long as one of my favorite players is on it in some way. I was beginning to think that my mailman didn't like me anymore. Days went by without a package. This will get my Fisk fix in for the weekend.

1 comment:

csd said...

I just recently found one of these as well. Most of the Red Sox memorabilia cards that I have seen clearly state on the back that the item in question was from a White Sox game. I think that is pretty cool. So most Fisk memorabilia cards are actually White Sox cards. Nice find!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...