Friday, February 8, 2008

A Gift From The Aardvark Trading Company

I can never just accept a simple gesture. Well, most of the time anyway. I turned a precious gift from Kris over at Aardvak Trading Company into a trade. I don't know why I do these things. Maybe I feel guilty about receiving something for nothing.

Anyway, I perused the want list over there and only found one match from my collection. I begged a pleaded to find out what else Kris wanted. 2007 Allen & Ginter minis and 1975 Topps can't be it. I was right. There was collecting of another nature going on. Minor league cards and cards of minor leaguers. Specifically PCL and Marlins minor leaguers. Oh yeah and focusing on Topps 52.

That really hit upon my weak spots. I think I was able to come up with something that will be acceptable. At least I hope so. If not, I tried and I know what to set aside for another trade.

So, what did I get in this kind gesture? A nice tightly packed wax paper package with company logos and warning to stay out of ditches. Very original and very practical!

1973 Topps #42 - Mike Andrews
1974 Topps #416 - White Sox Team Card
1975 Topps #210 - Dick Allen/Johnny Bench 1972 MVPs
1975 Topps #373 - Bill Sharp
1986 Topps Leaders #8 - Harold Baines
1995 Upper Deck Minors #137 - Scott Eyre
1999 Bowman #165 - Jason Dellaero
2001 Topps #475 - Cal Eldred
2001 Topps HD #99 - James Baldwin
2002 UD Vintage #115 - White Sox Team Checklist
2005 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites #138 - Daryl Boston
2005 Topps Update Chrome Refractor #UH21 - Orlando Hernandez
2007 Bowman Heritage Pieces Of Greatness Bat Card #PG-DE - Darrin Erstad

WOW! I am amazed at the awesome variety of cards people have put together for me. This is pretty awesome! I have my first 1975 Topps cards, a bat card, a chrome refractor and many cards that I do not have. I've never even heard of Topps HD.

Thank you Kris! Your generosity is greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...