Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mailbox Joys: Heavy Hitters Of The Early 90's

A few days ago, I found a balance slowly climbing on my PayPal account. What does that mean after paying part of my eBay seller fees? Shopping spree on eBay!

I loaded up on cards from sellers with severely discounted shipping fees for multiple cards. It always helps when the cards are below book value too. I'm the kind of buyer who wants everything in one or two places. It will be very rare that I go after a common card as my only purchase. I can't justify the shipping fees on a quarter card, unless I really want that card. I restrained myself with this seller from Detroit, but another one from Canada, I went nuts on.

The package from Detroit came today. A modest 5 card haul. Some pesky cards from the period where I was slowing down or completely out of collecting.

1993 Donruss Diamond Kings #DK-10 - Robin Ventura
1993 Flair #186 - Bo Jackson
1993 Flair #189 - Frank Thomas
1995 Donruss National Packtime #1 - Frank Thomas
2000 Fleer Tradition #129 - Frank Thomas

I ran across almost every other Diamond King in 1992, but never ran across a Ventura. Now I finally have one. In 1993, Flair was way out of my price range. I was still in high school and didn't have a job. I had never heard of the 1995 National Packtime card. It looked interesting, so I snatched it up. As for the 2000 Fleer Tradition Thomas, I just never saw it in any of the Frank Thomas lots that I bought a few years ago.

5 more pesky cards have been hunted down. I'm happy. When the Canadian package arrives, I'll post it's contents. I went buck wild and bought 17 individual cards. We'll see what, when I get it in the mail.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...