Friday, January 18, 2008

More Bowman Sterling Issues

I looked in the mailbox today and a package was waiting for me. I hurried and opened it. I saw the back of the card and it was the other Bowman Sterling that I ordered from eBay. I pulled it out of the bubble envelope and turned it over.

There was Aaron Cunningham staring straight at me behind sunglasses in an Arizona Diamondbacks uniform. I swear he was mocking me. I have been duped again by Topps web site listing the wrong team name. Curses! Foiled again!

When I won the auction, no eBay seller had a picture of the card, so I was forced to believe the Topps web site. I'm not really angry about the mix-up, I'm more frustrated. These types of mistakes should not be happening from a large company like Topps. I would expect it from Joe Blow's card company, but not one who has been around for over half a century.

I only paid 99 cents for the card, so I'm not out a lot of money. That's not exactly the point. I can put it in my eBay store and probably make my money back on the deal. Maybe not. I could also use it for trade bait with someone. When I get a card that I'm not collecting, there are many different avenues to get it out of my collection. I expect those things buying packs. Half the fun is getting cards you don't collect. It makes it that much sweeter when you do get that pesky card you've been looking for.

I have had to adjust the 2007 Bowman Sterling review again to reflect the checklist. This is yet another reason why the card companies should include a scan of each card to Beckett to post on their site in the price guide. More mistakes can be avoided. I'm just glad it cost me under a dollar.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...