Monday, January 21, 2008

Wake Up

I'm sure regular readers have noticed my lack of posts lately. Everything seems to be happening this month for some reason. Besides plumbing issues, there have been two wakes and funerals and three deaths total.

The first wake was last week Sunday with the funeral the next day. I had met the deceased a couple of times. I ended up not being able to go to either, but I was the go to listening post for my friend. A task that I seem to get stuck with all the time, but I don't usually mind.

Then later in the week Tracey's cousin died from a brain aneurysm. The wake was Sunday and the funeral was today. That I did end up going to. So, I've had my fill of deaths for awhile. I hoping that will be it for awhile.

You're probably wondering about the third death. It was my parents' bird Peggy. She died on Saturday. They rescued her from an ex-boss of mine who was a breeder. Her leg got caught in a swing and tore it off. She recovered and went to live with my parents. They had her for about two years.

Now, you're probably wondering what a Jaime Navarro 1998 Score card has to do with all this. It's very simple. When I think of wakes, I think of Jaime Navarro's career with the White Sox. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one wishing for Jaime's funeral procession to end. As for the 1998 Score being chosen, that was pretty much the last nail in the coffin for Score. You see, everything goes back to baseball cards. Yes, I know, I need help.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...