Thursday, April 3, 2008

And Many Of Us Were Quoted

I've been holding off on this post for awhile. It appears that the article has gone live on March 18, 2008.

Many of the baseball card blog writers, including me, were asked a few questions by Ben Goldfein at MSN Sports. I, for one, was more than happy to offer my two cents for the article.

The issue was the ironic cartoons of the 1992 Topps Kids set that featured pumped up muscly cartoon bodies. Some of the players chosen for this treatment were later linked to steroids. Some, not all. Some players linked to steroids in this set were not featured with the overly exaggerated cartoon bodies.

Anyway, this was a fun experience. You'll see a bunch of familiar names quoted in the article. There's also a short statement from the artist who created these images for the card set.

The article is a pretty decent read and furthers my opinion of our community that we are all friendly and willing to lend a hand, or a quote as the case may be. I just wish I would have known about this a little sooner. At least, I stumbled upon it. That's the important thing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...