Saturday, April 19, 2008

Trading With Thorzul

I have taken on the foolish task of wanting to complete the 2008 Topps Heritage set. I am straying from my comfort zone, just this once, and I'm loving it so far.

Thorzul has a card for card swap going on, so I decided to take advantage of that. Regular cards for regular cards. SPs for SPs. Black backs for black backs. You get the idea.

I took my minuscule amount of doubles and picked out everything that I could find from Thorzul's want list. Two regular cards and a short print. I couldn't tell you what I sent, but I know it was from the list.

I received in Friday's mail the three cards that I selected. The short print is featured in the photo.

313 - Kei Igawa
416 - Asdrubal Cabrera
450 - Chipper Jones SP

I'm happy with the trade. It's gets three doubles out of my possession and three cards into my collection. A win-win! Maybe Thorzul still has cards you need. Check it out and see if you have anything he needs. It works! I'm living proof!

3 comments:

Rich said...

Steve, I'm trying to complete this set too. I am almost done sorting through them and marking down who I still need, the doubles, etc. Do you know anything about the two different Jerry Owens cards in this set?

Steve Gierman said...

Jerry has two cards (198 & 310) in the regular set and one black back (198). I'm not sure why. At first I thought it was a copy of a 1959 Topps mistake, but it's not. They are two different cards, but I have no clue as to why this was done.

Rich said...

Steve, here's my 2008 Heritage set-bulding page if you want to do some trading.

http://outofthemill.blogspot.com/2008/04/2008-topps-heritage.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...