Monday, April 28, 2008

Mailbox Joys: A Little Orange Birdy Sent Cards

I am playing catch up at the beginning of this week. I was running around most of the weekend and spending some quality time with Tracey. I'm enjoying the weekends together while we can still spend the entire time together.

I received a package in the mail on Friday (like I said, I'm running behind) and smiled when I saw the return address. It was from Kevin of Orioles Cards. When I opened the package up, six cards were staring at me. That was definitely a great start to the weekend!

Anytime White Sox cards are received in my mailbox is a great day. When I get surprise White Sox cards in the mail is an awesome day!

There are always surprises when I get mid-nineties cards. I wasn't disappointed with the mid-nineties card I received in this package.

1992 Jimmy Dean #4 - Frank Thomas
1992 Topps #635 - Harold Baines
1995 Donruss Top Of The Order #50 - Roberto Hernandez
2008 Topps #293 - Gavin Floyd
2008 Topps Gold Foil #284 - Lance Broadway
2008 Topps Own The Game #OTG8 - Jim Thome

The Frank Thomas is awesome. I love the oddball Sox cards. This is definitely one of them! The Harold Baines is technically not a White Sox card. That's fine though. It's Harold!

The card that threw me was the Roberto Hernandez. I have never seen it or heard of it. It looks odd to me, but that's what makes it cool too. It reminds me of the MLB Showdown cards that would come out a few years later.

Rounding out everything would be three 2008 cards. Gavin Floyd is always welcome here. Especially if he keeps up his great starts. Lance Broadway should be cracking the rotation at the first sign of trouble. Jim Thome is Jim Thome. 'Nuff said.

Thanks, Kevin! Those were awesome cards you sent. I should have my 2008 want list up sometime on Monday. It's been hectic lately. I meant to get that done this weekend, but just didn't find myself at the computer long enough to get it done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...